We are seeking a highly motivated purchasing professional to join a compact team based in a semi remote island location in the Caribbean.
Our client is a successful development group seeking to expand its existing operation on a fastrack basis. The core site team is in need of a Purchasing Manager whose prime focus is to ensure the timely delivery of construction materials, equipment and goods and services to the project.
We are seeking:
- At least 5 years purchasing experience of achieving “best value” in a high volume construction/development environment.
- Demonstrable experience of inventory management systems, vendor managing systems etc. Detail oriented with strong written and verbal skills
- Able to take responsibility and to work single handed in sometimes difficult circumstances to ensure deadlines and milestones are met.
- Resourceful, systems oriented individual with excellent organisational and co-ordination skills who is able to operate autonomously in challenging results focused environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build strong working relationships with colleagues, vendors as well as internal and external clients.
- Previous international experience, ideally gained in “tough” locations is essential.
Location is remote but in very close proximity to major centers. This position is viewed by the company as being of great importance in their current and future strategic development plans and as such the salary and package will be negotiated according to the experience and needs of the individual.
To find out more about this exciting opportunity, please contact Martin Falvey at The Construction Careers Company UK